Become a Mental Health First Aider Refresher
A four-hour refresher course for those who have already completed a mental health first aider course.
If you are a Mental Health First Aider or MHFA Champion you have skills for life that
support you and the people around you.
We believe that mental health should be treated equally to physical health – and just
like physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid training should be kept up to date.
The four-hour MHFA Refresher course will empower you to:
- Keep your awareness of mental health supports current
- Update your knowledge of mental health and what influences it
- Practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Bring first aiders up to date with how to provide support to remote workers
Please not that the MHFA Refresher is only for people who have completed an Adult MHFA Two Day, or One Day (Champions), or Armed Forces MHFA Two Day course.
- This is a half-day course delivered via online video conference
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions, and workshop activities
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that our instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
How often should MHFA England skills be refreshed?
Just like physical first aid, we recommend that Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA
Champions attend a Refresher course every three years.
If it’s time to refresh your skills, book onto an MHFA Refresher course now and feel
confident that you are performing your vital role safely.